Double Coconut is happy to announce that we will soon release a Web3 version of our popular idle game Milky Way Miner as part of the Galactic Hubs Season 2 Development Grant!
We are teaming up with the Alien Worlds | Galactic Hubs program to create an out-of-this-world experience for Alien Worlds players.
The game will be launched, at first, on Android as an APK that can be side-loaded. We will also try to publish it in the Google Play store!
This idle game will be a casual, fun way for the Alien Worlds community to be engaged, bring in new players to the game, and provide an awesome place for everyone to compete and earn rewards in lightweight tournaments.
Players will be able to enter weekly tournaments and win NFTs. Different tiers can be unlocked only for owners of various Alien Worlds NFTs.
- To enter a tournament, a player must be connected to the Wax Wallet and must donate a “Weekly Participation NFT”.
- The NFT to be donated will vary each week, but may include Tools, Weapons / Arms, or Minions / Crew.
- The more players that enter a tournament, the more rewards to be offered!
The rewards will be broken out in a number of ways. As an example:
- The top leaders will get a larger reward, consisting of a bundle of NFTs.
- Other bands of leaders will get smaller rewards, for example places #6 through #10 may get a handful of great rewards.
- The top 50% (or another number as set) will get a minimal reward as well as in-game boosts and power-ups.
- Anyone in the bottom 50% will get no NFT reward but may earn in-game boosts / power-ups.
The first launch, which is due in about two months, is only the beginning. We plan to launch many cool follow-up features, in collaboration with the Syndicates and the overall community.We want to enable a lot of Syndicate vs. Syndicate events and use the game as a launch pad to give all of your Alien Worlds inventory more value and more fun.